Please advise children of the following Halloween Safety Tips:
1. Stay close by your neighborhood and only visit homes you know.
2. Watch for traffic.
3. Wear light colored clothing and wear reflectors.
4. Make sure you can see well through face masks if you are wearing one.
5. Make sure an adult accompanies you.
6. Go out in daylight hours and if it gets dark, have a flashlight.
7. Accept only wrapped candies.
8. Examine your candy or goodies before eating.
The following rules and regulations are set forth by Section 10-15 through 10-17 of the City Code.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public for the purpose of making trick or treat visitations or to go on or in private premises for such purposes, except as provided in Subsection.
B. This section shall not apply to children eleven years of age and under between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on each Halloween night.
C. It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly permit his minor child or ward to violate the provisions of this section.
Please help make Halloween a safe and happy occasion for our children.