Halloween (Trick or Treat) night for children in the City of Henderson will be observed on Wednesday, October 31,, 2012 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Downtown Henderson will hold its annual Trick or Treat event on Garnett St on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 between the hours of 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm. This event is for children 12 and under (leaflets will go out to all elementary schools). Participating stores will have an orange sign in the window.
Please advise children of the following Halloween safety tips:
- Stay close by your neighborhood and only visit homes of people that you know.
- Watch for traffic and avoid busy intersections.
- Wear light colored clothing and reflective material.
- Make sure you can see through any masks that are worn.
- Make sure an adult accompanies you.
- Go out in daylight hours and if it gets dark have a flashlight readily available.
- Accept only candy that is sealed.
- Have an adult examine your candy or goodies before eating
The following rules and regulations are set forth by Section 10-15 through 10-17 of the City Code.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public for the purpose of making trick or treat visitations or to go on or in private premises for such purposes, except as provided in Subsection.
- This section shall not apply to children eleven years of age and under between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on each Halloween night.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly permit his minor child or ward to violate the provisions of this section.
Please help make Halloween a safe and happy occasion for our children.