The Vance County Board of Commissioners will meet tonight at 6:00 p.m. in their chambers in the old courthouse. Some items on the agenda are:
* Mike Bradford of the firm Phillips, Dorsey, Thomas, Waters & Bradford will report on the audit for fiscal year 2004-05.
* Jackie Sergent of the Health Department will report on the African-American Focus Group. A Power Point presentation will be shown to commissioners regarding an obesity grant targeting African-American, American Indian, and Hispanic youth using social marketing.
* A public hearing will be held regarding the close-out of the Community Development Block Grant Program. This grant is part of the Kerr-Tar Hub program.
* Ken Krulik of Planning and Development will present an update to commissioners regarding county-wide zoning ordinances.
* The Finance Officer will present several budget amendments for the purpose of appropriating state grant funds for the HUB Project and Demonstration Grant, to purchase new voting equipment, to appropriate additional Home and Community Care Block Grants funds for Aging Program, and to appropriate funds for the Medical Plan D Program. No county funds will be required for any of the above appropriations. The Finance Officer will also report on Sheriff’s vehicles.
* The County Manager will report on position vacancies, position reclassification, facility repair, and a winter planning retreat. He will also ask the commission for a resolution in memory of Lt. Samuel S. Pearson of the Henderson Police Department.
* M.Y. Cooper, Jr. and Robert D. Herford will be reappointed to the Vance County Industrial Facility and Pollution Control Financing Authority for a six-year term.
* Ben Harris, Jr., Edward “Butch” Spain, Richard Henderson, Harold Thompson, and George Wortham will be re-appointed to the Watershed Advisory Board for three-year terms. None of the above had absences during their prior terms.
* Tandra Henderson will be appointed to a three-year term to replace Tim Burgess on the Human Relations Commission.