On Thursday, September 11, the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce and presenting sponsor Harris Incorporated of Henderson will bring you the final Meet Me in the Street Concert of 2008.
Featured will be North Carolina band, The Embers. The free concert will take place on Breckenridge Street beside the Wildflower Cafe from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
On what will be the seventh anniversary of the horrific attacks on our country, local emergency service personnel will be honored in a special ceremony to be held promptly at 5:30. Please come out and help the Chamber thank these local heros for all that they do.
The Embers will also return to Henderson on Friday, December 5 for a family sit-down concert featuring “Christmas with the Embers”. The event will be held at the Vance-Granville Community College Civic Center at 7 p.m. A limited number of tickets are on sale now at the Chamber and from any Chamber board member.
Come out this Thursday, September 11 and mark the end of summer with The Embers in this last free concert of 2008! Thanks to event sponsors for making these events possible.
* Presenting Sponsor Harris Incorporated of Henderson.
* Silver sponsor Toyota of Henderson.
* Bronze sponsors AA Self Storage, AAA Gas and Appliance Co., J. H. Hughes, Jr., Attorney, P & G Pet Care and Satterwhite Point Marina.
* Media sponsors The Daily Dispatch, Home in Henderson, US 98.3 and WIZS (AM 1450).
* Contributing sponsors EarlyFalsom Properties, Inc., For Your Occasion Party Rentals, Franklin Brothers Nursery & Greenhouses, Inc., KARTS, Mike Brooks Productions, Community Workforce Solutions, Quick Print, Bobbitt Signs, US Cellular and Screenmaster.