On August 21, 2010 officers with the Henderson Police Department conducted a stop on a suspicious vehicle in the 1500 Block of Peace Street in Henderson, North Carolina.
Upon further investigation by the officers, two stolen street signs from Ramsey Street and Gupton Street were located inside the vehicle along with a marijuana pipe. The driver, Tyler Woodside, 20, of 5535 Dorsey Road in Oxford, North Carolina was arrested and charged with possession of stolen goods and possession of drug paraphernalia. Woodside was given a $500 secured bond. One passenger was arrested and charged with possession of stolen goods and was given a $500 secured bond.
After further investigation, officers were led to 2200 Oxford Road in Henderson, North Carolina in reference to a complaint of underage drinking. Upon the officers arrival, numerous subjects were found to be consuming alcohol underage. Officers also located fourteen stolen street signs from High Street, Bane Avenue, Seaman Street, Oak Street, Piedmont Ave, Summit Road, Granville Street, Whitefield Drive, Cedarwood Drive, Edgewood Drive, Fernbrook Place, and Oxford Road.
The following were cited and released for underage consumption of alcohol:
- Anderson Frazier, 17, of 2007 Brookrun Road in Henderson, North Carolina;
- Tyler Wade, 19, of 1008 Spring Valley Lake Road in Henderson, North Carolina;
- George Watkins, 17, of 2125 Coleman Place in Henderson, North Carolina;
- James Dubinski, 18, of 2200 Oxford Road in Henderson, North Carolina;
- Chandler Loyd, 17, of 120 Riverbend Circle in Louisburg, North Carolina;
- Justin Munn, 18, of 1511 Oakdale Circle in Henderson, North Carolina;
- David Porter, 17, of 1465 Spring Valley Lake Road in Henderson, North Carolina.
The investigation is continuing into the stolen street signs. More charges may be pending.