NEW DATE FOR VEGETABLE INSECT PEST CLASS
Tonight’s class has been postponed due to the winter weather. The new date is Monday, March 16, noon (bring your lunch!).
GOOD VIDEO ON APPLE TREE PRUNING
This video provides excellent instruction on the correct way to prune an apple tree:
BERMUDAGRASS & HORSE MANURE, QUESTIONS FROM A NEW GARDENER
Check out my latest blog post where I answer the “Garden Question of the Day”.
HERBICIDE CARRYOVER IN MANURE & COMPOST
Here’s a link to an interesting factsheet about precautions you should take when using manure, hay and compost in your garden.
INSECT & DISEASE MANAGEMENT IN FRUIT TREES
Here’s a great resource I found from University of Kentucky with comprehensive recommendations on pest management in fruit trees:
REVIEW OF UPCOMING EVENTS
- Vegetable Gardening Basics, 2/26, 4 pm, Warren Senior Center
- Backyard Farmer School, starting 3/12, 6:30 pm, Warren Extension Center (http://warren.ces.ncsu.edu/2015/02/backyard-farmer-school-starts-march-12th/)
- Vance County Community Resource Fair, 3/19 (http://vance.ces.ncsu.edu/2015/02/vance-county-cooperative-extension-announces-2nd-annual-community-resource-fair/)
- Garden Symposium, 3/28, Vance Co Regional Farmers Market (http://go.ncsu.edu/vancegarden)
- Farmers Markets Open Apr 18! (Vance & Warren)
- Pesticide Disposal Day, 4/23, 10 am to 2 pm, Vance Co Regional Farmers Market