More than 100 local community leaders gathered in Wilkesboro February 11 to hear N.C. Commerce Secretary John Skvarla and his rural economic and workforce development leaders outline the many solution-oriented programs Commerce offers local communities in the pursuit of economic growth.
The NC Competes for Jobs events offer attendees a fast-paced, information-packed session outlining the solutions N.C. Commerce offers to address common challenges that get in the way of meeting the needs of businesses, such as a lack of available buildings or public infrastructure.
Attendees at the NC Competes for Jobs events learn more about:
- Grants and loans available for local economic development
- Available assistance to plan and build local infrastructure, water and sewer
- Finding and training local workers, using the state’s NCWorks system
- Regulatory reforms to the state’s business climate
- Changes in the state’s tax rates
- The team at N.C. Commerce, and how to contact the right people who can help
The tour event planned for Ellerbe on February 15 and postponed due to weather will be rescheduled in the near future.