What follows is the proposed yard sale ordinance:
AN ORDINANCE REGULATING YARD SALES
The City Council of the City of Henderson, North Carolina doth ordain:
Section 1. A new section be added to the City Code designated as Sec. 10-32.1, reading as follows:
Sec. 10-32.1. Yard Sale Regulations.
It shall be unlawful for anyone to hold yard sales at any residence or within any residential zoning district of the City of Henderson except in compliance with the following regulations:
(1) Yard sales may be conducted only between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
(2) No more than two yard sales are permitted on any premises within a 30 day period; moreover, no single yard sale shall be conducted for a period exceeding two consecutive days.
(3) All personal property exhibited outdoors during a yard sale shall be either placed within a building or structure or otherwise removed from the premises at either 7:00 p.m. or immediately following the end of the yard sale, whichever occurs earlier;
(4) The only signs permitted advertising the yard sale shall be located on the premises of the sale, none of which signs shall exceed 4 feet by 3 feet in dimensions.
(5) No new merchandise or merchandise which was purchased (within 90 days of the date of the yard sale) for the purpose of resale or obtained on consignment (other than from family members of the household residing on the premises) shall be sold at the yard sale.
(6) For purposes of this Ordinance, a “yard sale” refers to a sale (or a display for sale) of personal properties at any residence or within a residential zoning district other than in a properly zoned and licensed commercial business. The term yard sale does not include, however, the isolated, incidental sale of only one or two items of used personal property.”
The foregoing Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after the date of its passage.