RAISING WILDFLOWERS: LUNCH AND LEARN AT THE LIBRARY
Come to the Perry Library in Henderson this Thursday, May 24th at 12 noon for a lunchtime program on Raising Wildflowers. The presenter will be yours truly, Paul McKenzie, Ag Extension Agent. A light lunch is being graciously provided by the Friends of the Library. Don’t miss it!
WEEKLY GARDEN TIPS
1. Don’t forget to turn your compost pile every few weeks.
2. Watch for fire ants, they are active early this year due to the mild winter.
3. Need a weed identified? Bring a sample to the County Extension Center.
4. Weed your flowerbeds once a week so the weeds don’t get out of hand.
5. Check cabbage, broccoli, etc. for caterpillars. They are TINY when they first hatch.
6. Remember your spray schedule, write down where you sprayed and when.
7. Have two labelled sprayers, one for insecticides and one for herbicides.
8. Keep children and pets away from mowers. Riding mowers should NEVER carry a passenger!
9. Pick off azalea leaf galls as they form.
10. Keep pesticides stored in a locked shed that’s not attached to the house, if at all possible.